Blogger Meetup

I was going to write something long, and did write something long, but it didn’t fit. I wanted to share with you some fun that I had last Friday. I got the privilege of meeting two good friends, and bloggers, whose names some of you may recognize: Alex and Brett Harris.

We had a great dinner, and a great discussion about our goals, our blogs, why our blogs are succeeding, and the future. We discussed networking, blogs that we read, podcasting, our families, our writing opportunities, the Harris’ future plans, and business cards. It was great to meet these two great guys who really encouraged me.

Now, the night would not be complete without a photo shoot–so here we are (I’m the guy in the undercover street clothes and the halo):

So, there you have it. If you have any more questions, fire away in the comment section.

18 responses to “Blogger Meetup”

1. Haha… It was a pleasure spending time with you and your family, Tim. Both Brett and I look forward to future conversations and collaboration.

God bless… And Merry Jesus Christ-mas! 😉

2. Kaitlin says:

I just knew it! Undercover street, huh? Nice one Tim.

3. David Ketter says:

I want to know how much you paid them to have that pose with you. 😛

Seriously, how did that happen? We need to do some more of those! 😀

4. A halo?

Haha, how strange. That’s funny. I’m sure that wasn’t planned 😉

Alex and Brett have longer hair than when I saw them last. A lot longer hair. When I saw them they had buzz cuts…or very close to it.

5. Kaitlin says:

Oops, it’s supposed to say, undercover street clothes, on my last comment.

6. Coie says:

I say that if the street clothes are undercover, then so is the halo. 😛

I’m thinking I will probably meet the Rebelution, if they attend the wedding of a mutual friend sometime next year (no set day yet)– I’m supposed to be one of her photographers. That would be two bloggers (whoops, three, huh?) that I would meet in person! Coolness.

7. David Ketter says:

No FAIR! How come everyone else gets to meet up?!?!?!!?

8. Hey Tim, be sure to check out our post on the “meeting.”

Coie: I’m very curious, which mutual friend is this? =)

9. Coie says:

Alex: Whitney Steward.

Tim: Is it totally rude to have a completely different conversation with another blogger on someone else’s site? If so, my apologies. 🙂

10. Coie: Oh, okay! Yes, Whitney is a very good friend, as is her fiance, Elliot. Hopefully we’ll be attending the wedding and will see you there.

And I think Tim will forgive us. =P

11. Spunky Jr. says:

Tim, the photo isn’t showing up for me 🙁

12. It should show up now… If not, it’s also available on The Rebelution.

13. Spunky Jr. says:

Oh, I didn’t know the photo was the same on both blogs…silly me 🙂 I really like Tim’s halo!!

14. Lindsey says:

Oh, how fun! That must be sooo cool to meet another blogger! 😀

15. Caleb says:

This makes me want to meet some bloggers in person. Merry Christmas Tim.

16. Nella says:

Lucky Tim…

17. hannah says:

we need to have a blogger convention, i think. 🙂
    Tim: my mom wants to know what your mom uses for your school curriculum… (LOL! i think that’s the first thing that homeschool moms ask after # of children!!*grin* aren’t they cute?)

18. TOSPUBLISHER says:

Hey, Tim! Keep up the great work. And we’ve got you in the huge Hannity section this next issue – we’ll send you a few copies for friends. I’m impressed with your site; you’re goin’ places, kid. Give the Lord all the glory – He’ll continue to bless.

-Mrs. S